Tuesday, August 15, 2006

MS 1 - PsychoPrincess 0

OK, so here's the skinny. I was getting ready for bed last night, and realized I still needed to take my Rebif. For those who aren't familiar with it, Rebif is a shot I give myself 3 times a week to help slow the progression of MS. I take it right before I go to bed, down 4 Tylenol with it and sleep through the majority of side effects: chills, muscle aches, over-all flu like symptoms. I know that I generally have about 3 hours before any of that kicks in, and as long as I do the shot and go to bed, I'm good to go. Not so last night. I did my shot and climbed in bed with my crossword puzzle book. I hadn't even gotten through one puzzle when the muscle aches started. I struggle to describe the way it feels. Imagine you're an octopus, swimming along in the ocean and a steamroller comes along (yes, in my imagination, steam rollers can do quite a large amount of damage while under water. Just go with me here, it's my imagination, not yours). Anyhow, the steam roller rolls over the octopus' tentacles one at a time. Not enough to break them (does an octopus even have bones in his tenticles?) , but just enough to make them feel like they might burst. Are you feeling it? So now you have an octopus with very sore tentacles and a fishing boat comes along and throws a crabpot in the water, hitting the octopus in the head, making his eyes feel as if they are going to pop out of his head. Got it? Great, that's how I'm feeling. THEN, the chills start. Lovely, uncontrollable shaking, teeth chattering, (picture that octopus as a bobble head doll in the cab of a semi truck!). It SOOO SUCKS. In order to calm the shaking, I tense up my muscles, which makes them hurt worse. I finally got to sleep and when I get up this morning, hey, at least I don't have the chills anymore. The pain is still there. And I'm pretty ticked off. It took me 20 minutes just to get out of bed and get dressed this morning. Then, I bent over to put on my shoes and WHAM! crab pot smashing into my head. Lovely. Just lovely. And then I realize, I'm not an octopus - I don't have 8 appendages, I only have 4. Wow, it would really suck to be an octopus with MS. Glad I'm human.

Now, I'm at work and there's a guy here talking about wild monkeys attacking people and the people having to beat the monkeys off with a stick while a girl is being attacked by fire ants. What the hell is that about? And I hear something coming from that room now about an infected big toe. Damn fire ants. He keeps saying "youth camp". I need to find out the name of this camp and keep my kids away from there. I don't want my kid going around getting attacked by wild monkeys and fire ants. Oh my...he just said "I think it would be nicer for us if we did it with another couple or a group." Creepy. I hope he's talking about camp and not "it". I may never know. It's probably better that way. Great, now he's talking about chum. How much more interesting can this day get? I'm going to keep listening for more talk about chum and swimming with barracudas. Maybe he can shed some light on why the hell someone dropped a crab pot on me after running me over with the steam roller.

No comments: