Thursday, December 21, 2006

How I learned to love the jugs

Why do men & women adore breasts?

I had a conversation last night about hooters, boobies, bresticles, ta-tas, titties. Whatever you want to call them, I was talking about them.

Here's the deal: I, a completely heterosexual woman, love and adore women's breasts. I like to look at the different shapes & sizes. I'm fascinated how some women choose to display them while others hide them away, reserving them only for those they deem worthy. I also like to touch them. Not in the way that I'll walk up to a stranger on the street and grab their boobs. No, I must at least sort of know you to touch them and then only if you say it's ok. My husband's main concern is that if I'm touching them, he gets to be there to take pictures.

I don't like to touch them in a sexual way either (except my own). I like to compare and contrast their density, their smooshiness and their warmth. Incidentally, I generally ask afterwards about the bra that is being worn to showcase the ta-tas, just so I know what different ones feel and look like while on, as I am still looking for the perfect shelf to display my wares on. I'm really close, but there is some fine tuning that needs to be done.

I think that the majority of women can see the beauty in a woman's body, and I've written blogs about it. Not all of them will admit it because they are not secure enough in their own sexuality to do so, which is a shame, because women's bodies are much more beautiful than men's. Sorry guys.

It was last night when I came up with my theory about why most men and even heterosexual women adore breasts. It's really our mom's fault. You see, when you are born without serious complications to a willing mother, one of the first places that you are laid down is on your mother's bosom. She holds you and looks at you and smiles that smile that only a mother can understand. And all of that love that she had for you while you were still inside of her is displayed there in her bright smile, the tears in her eyes and the warmth of her breasts. Many babies' first few months of nourishment comes from the mother's breast, it's a source of goodness. Most babies enjoy sleeping snuggled up against a woman's breasts .. they are comfortable AND they can hear the heartbeat of the holder, which reminds them of the comforting sounds they heard in the womb.

When a toddler gets hurt, they go to their mother, and want to be held, burying their faces in her chest. Why? Because it's comforting. As they grow, they begin to turn their heads to the side, but still lay their head down on her natural pillows when they need a hug or need to be comforted.

Somewhere along the line, for boys and some girls, that "comfort" of mom's breasts turns into fascination with other women's hooters. Now, they start getting fun and interesting. As girls get their own set, they start to compare and contrast theirs with others and they become sexual tools. As they find their own breasts being ogled by young boys and young men (and some older ones) they discover that they wield great powers. And we all learn that there's enjoyment to be had in boobs.

So, what I'm saying is that the great majority of us get our start in breast appreciation because of our moms or the mother figures in our lives. It began as a source of comfort and even though we may not recognize the comfort factor as we're older, I think it's still there and a part of what makes them so amazingly beautiful.

My husband disagrees. His rebuttal to my argument last night: "I disagree. When I look at your boobs, I'm not comforted; I just want to fuck you."

While I was very flattered by that statement, I feared he missed my whole point .. that if it wasn't for his mother and her breasts being a source of comfort for him as an infant, he probably wouldn't like them as much. He still disagrees, but I'm sold on my theory.

What do you think?

No comments: