Thursday, November 02, 2006

Look in my drawers - you know you want to...

Once in a while, something comes along that warms your heart and makes you smile.  When that happens, you want to share it with everyone you know, retelling the tale in all its glory to see if it brings even a tiny smile to the face of whoever you are telling it to.  That something has not happened to me recently, so I'm not going there. 

Where I am going, however, is down a road to my past.  Some things are worth remembering, others are not.  Oh wait, I have no fond memory to share with you.  So, let's not go there either. 

 Instead, I'm going to rip off some of my favorite bloggers and do something similar to recent blogs they have done.  Meagan did a blog about what's in her purse.  Chrissie did a blog about what's on her desk.  Me – I'm going to do a blog about what's in my drawers. Since it's cleaning out day (I do this every few months), I thought I'd bring you along.

Fear not my friends! I'll hold your hand if need be.  I warn you, I'm a bit of a pack rat and VERY unorganized. Take a journey with me, will you? Please keep your arms and legs out of my drawers at all times.  You never know what might glom onto you…

Here's what it looks like before "cleaning day":

 
And now, the list of what's in there:

°A "snack bowl" of peaches in light syrup
°1 small can of diced peaches in juice
°1 small can of mandarin oranges
°2 small cans of lite mixed fruit
°2 packets of Heinz Mayonnaise
°1 box of unwaxed dental floss
°2 boxes of GUM Eez-Thru dental floss (my favorite)
°A snowman eraser



°3 sticks of memory for a laptop computer
°Inhaler
°2 tubes of Hand lotion
°Visine
°Stack of colored laminated cards with giant letters on them
°Bag of magnetic letters
°Letter opener/magnet combo
°A receipt for something I have no idea what is was - but it was from 8/16/2002 and cost $10.41
°1 lid from a Tupperware bowl - with a a piece of scotch tape stuck to it.  How odd.
°A bag of safety pins
°An old checkbook
°A pencil, with a cow on top, or maybe it's a donkey.  Stacey brought it back for me from New Orleans several years ago

°Weight watchers calculator
°A picture of me and the hub with some old friends
°USB flash drive
°Tons of keys to unknown locks
°3 empty key chains:1 from Bush Gardens, 1 that is also a bottle opener from the Credit Union and one with those stupid stretchy plasticy spring-type things that you're supposed to wear on your wrist. 
°My electric bill from July
°An empty ziplock bag
°4 tubes of Chap stick
°Funny warnings from the packing of an HP computer. I think this one says don't let your baby wear this as a helmet, even if you fill it up with air first. 

 

And this one says "Don't put this bag over your head while trying to tell someone that you're choking"

°1 bottle Glittery nail polish
°1 stick of concealer
°Tube of liptick "Fortune" is the color
°2 small butterfly hair clips & 1 medium one
°1 watch battery and 1 AA battery
°4 barrettes in a variety of sizes and styles
°2 forks
°A funny napkin

°Highlighters and markers
°The air conditioner remote
°XM Radio Remote
°wireless Bluetooth thingie for my cell phone
°2 clam clips – a small one and a medium one.  I'm not even going to tell you what these are.  Look it up yourself, or just imagine.  Either way, I don't care.
°A variety of binder clips
°2 finger condoms.  You know, those things that you put on your finger with the rubber nubbies to masturba...I mean sort papers?
°A picture of someone who did their fellowship here that all the girls thought was hot
°A yellow grabbie-thing.  I don't know what it is, but if you push the button on top down, these little claws come out of the bottom.  It doubles as nipple stimulator in a pinch.  (Get it - nipples?  Pinch?)



°A penny flattened with the impression of Mickey Mouse from Disney World in '98
°1/2 pack of Rolaids
°All these guys


°5 pennies
°A filter to something
°Collection of post-it note pads
°A big screwdriver
°A tiny screw driver
°A tiny bandaid
°Wind up Hopping Leiderhosen. I found it, finally!

°The pewter Tigger that fell off my pen that Sharon gave me as a going away present the first time I left the department
°1 travel package of tissues
°A USB card reader
°1 scrunchie pony tail holder
°A stack of about 10 PC software CDs.  Some even still have cases!
°A case full of tampons of all sizes
°Some magnets that I took down when the Joint Commission for Accreditation was visiting.

°And some silly little laminated funnies that came down for the same reason

 
That's it.  That's my top desk drawer for you.  I found some things I had misplaced.  AND, the drawer is clean now.  Well, sort of.


No comments: