Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Overheard in an Elevator

First and foremost, *HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSIE!*

My son calls police cars "The Po-Po". I'm so proud. He's got a black & white mini cooper toy that he calls Po-Po. I'm teaching him such wholesome, good things, aren't I?

As I was coming to work today, I overheard a conversation in the elevator. I generally tune out people in the elevator (sometimes even those I'm traveling with). However, this conversation held my interest. When these two ladies (Let's call them Alice & Flo) got on the elevator, they were already mid-conversation. So, I have NO idea what they were talking about. Here's what I can tell you:

Alice's sister (we'll call her Rhoda) lives in California, but was in town for Thanksgiving. She brought along a friend (we'll call her "Beth"). Now, here's how the conversation played out:

Alice: "So then, we're all sitting there around the dinner table and she decides to tell the whole story so everyone could hear it."

Flo: (sounding mortified) "She told it at the dinner table?"

Alice: "Yes, can you believe it? So she's talking about how Beth didn't just stick her hand inside, but her entire arm. And they thought it was gettin' stuck."

Flo: "I still can't believe she told you all that at dinner!"

Alice: "Well you know Rhoda. Ever since she moved in with that friend of hers, she's been trying all kinds of new things. I asked her if it hurt."

Flo: "If what hurt?"

Alice: "Having her whole arm in there."

Flo: "I'll bet it did. It had to."

And then, the doors opened on my floor. I thought about ignoring it and riding up a bit higher to get some more info, but I was already running late. So, my mind being what it is, I have decided that Beth and Rhoda are not only room mates, but lesbian lovers. And that Beth stuck not just her hand but her entire arm up Rhoda's cooch.

This has left a lasting impression in my brain and I can't get rid of it. I've tried everything I could think of to clense myself from this image, and I just can't do it. So, I thought I'd write about it. And see if that could wash the mental picture away. It hasn't helped thus far. So, what I need from you is this. PLEASE describe to me something else they may have been talking about to help erase this from my mind. Thanks. I owe you one.

No comments: