Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What is wrong with these people?

Who am I talking about? The Commonwealth of Virginia voters.

For some reason, the majority of the assholes in this state (57%) decided it would be a good idea to vote in favor of defining marriage as between a man and a woman only. It didn't stop there. It pretty much outlawed the whole common-law marriage rule, so that if you've been together for 20 years, living as a married couple but just didn't buy into the institution of marriage, your partner has no say in anything legal if you're incapacitated in any way shape or form. I generally try to keep my mouth shut when it comes to politics, but this pisses me off. Let me just say for the record that allowing gay people to get married would in no way devalue marriage between a traditional couple. And if it does, then you've got real problems and shouldn't be getting married in the first place. It's not your business if Tom wants to buttfuck Joe, Sally wants to eat out Andrea and then use a strap-on on her. Is it Tom & Joe's business if you want to blow your husband while watching The 700 Club? UGH - that's all I can say about that.

I have a whole host of other issues going on in my life right now, and today is not a good day to blog. I'm also thinking that I need to spend more time at work actually working and not playing, so may shift the blog writing to the evening.

There are so many other things I'd like to comment on, but I won't. Because now is not the right time. As with everything in life, the right time will rear it's head and I'll be able to share it all, but right now, I need to keep it locked up inside because things are still on a teeter-totter and upsetting the balance now would be a mistake. Which is hard, because I've made it a point to be open and 100% out there with my writing and my life. Isn't that how people get to know you? I think so.

When all is said and done, the face of my life will be changed, hopefully for the better and I'll stand back with Big Daddy, look at all that's happened around us and be grateful that we've always had open lines of communication about everything. And we have understandings about things you just don't do, and unspoken agreements that all complaints be heard, discussed and solutions reached before it's too late. If there is such a thing as an ideal marriage, I think we have it. We argue and bicker here and there, but it never lasts and we don't just drop it hoping it will disappear. We solve the issue at hand. Always. We understand each other and know that as humans, we don't have to ask the other permission to do anything, yet we're considerate about the others' feelings. I don't think there's every been something one of us wanted the do that the other was completely against. And we're OK with each other going and doing without the other. I'm already saying too much. But I do want to thank him, here, where I spend so much time and energy, just being and getting to know people and enjoying that which I can't seem to find in "the real world", because the majority of those around me suck so badly - and they're stupid. Unlike all of you. So, here goes:

Jerry - you have shown me infinite patience, love and understanding. So many men would get angry when their wives open up about sex and the things I talk about here. Thank you for realizing that it's all about expression, fun, and finding my voice. Thanks for not blowing it out of proportion and for encouraging me to write something each and every day. And for not jumping the gun when the blog happens to be about sex or any sexual references, veiled or otherwise, are tossed about. I'm glad you know where I lay my head each night and who invades my thoughts (when I have them) . And, I cannot leave this out - thank you for supplying me with the newest batch of sex toys that should produce some interesting and informative reviews. You so rock! I'm so lucky.

Enjoy your Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll be back and better than ever tomorrow. Or something.

No comments: