Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bad boys, bad boys!

Before I get to the story you're waiting for (which really isn't all it might have been cracked up to be) I had to share something I said on a blog comment. This may not be funny to you, but it's funny to me, so I thought I'd share it because some of my best stuff goes unnoticed. Here it is, my blog comment:



"Glad you had a full weekend - I find I like those better than the ones where I just have to sit around and pick my butt. Which, while entertaining and at times surprising, really isn't all it's cracked up to be. Hahaha - I made a funny there."


I was going to fill everyone in on what was most certainly an exciting high speed chase that ended right in front of my work building, but alas, the news people did not deem the story worthy. However, I will tell you how it all went down, from my point of view.



First, you need to know a couple of things about where I work:



1) Downtown Richmond


2) Right by a big medical center


3) My office window faces Broad Street, which is the big street downtown




So I'm sitting at my desk working (read: writing a blog) and I hear sirens. This is not an uncommon occurrence, being that this is a medical center. So, I think nothing of it and post the picture link to the Virgin/Slut airline photo. And I hear, very distinctly I might add, someone yell "I SAID GET OUT OF THE FUCKING CAR!" And now, I have to look.




So I peek out my window, and what do I see? 4 State Police cars behind a maroon car (mostly blocked by the giant tree in the courtyard). Outside of the front police car, officers with guns drawn and everything. I kept looking for the cameras filming "COPS Richmond!"



Now, you might be thinking "big deal" but I have never seen police men with guns drawn. I was so excited! I called the other ladies I work with in to peek out my window with me. By the time I grabbed my camera phone, the guns were already put away, which really disappointed me. All I can tell you is that they thoroughly searched that car before leading the 2 occupants away in separate cars. By the time it was over, we had counted 9 State Trooper cars surrounding this car. Being that there were 9 police cars and they had their weapons drawn, I hardly think these guys were just speeding.



I've written to the local news paper and tv stations to ask why information about it does not appear anywhere, and that I think police with guns drawn in front of the Medical Center, should at least warrant an explanation to the nosey bitch who watched from 8 floors up. In my inquiry, I did manage to avoid the phrase "What the fuck, Chuck?" so perhaps they'll feel I am entitled to more than an "Uh....I don't know". Which, incidentally, was the response from the man at the Richmond Times-Dispatch when I called to inquire (last year sometime) why all of the flags on the government buildings were flying at half mast. By the by, if you ever want to know who died when you see a flag flying at half mast, call the Governor's office and ask. Since only the Governor can order state flags flown at half mast, his office always knows. And if you do that, call back the paper and inform THEM of the reason for it. They like it when citizens get involved like that. Of course, maybe my statement that "I scooped The Richmond Times-Dispatch! In your face!" didn't go over so well. Who cares, I got the answer I was looking for back then.



Here's the only picture that turned out worth anything and all you can see is a crew of police men, one of the "perps" in the white shirt and the police car the gun aimers were using as a shield.







Hanging your arm out a window holding a cell phone to take a photo is not an easy task, especially when the window tips in to open and maybe opens 6 or 7 inches.




I'll keep you posted if any of our news agencies gets back to me, but at this point, I'm just going to make up a back story for these guys and lay out an exciting police chase down I-95 in my head. It's probably better that way.




I kept snapping pictures, even though nothing was happening. My rationale? You never know when someone is going to do something that could potentially be news worthy and *I* could have the video and/or still photographs of it. I could have the Zapruder film of an incident that the world has not seen the likes of since Rodney King. Or that other guy. Richard somebody or other. Right?



My friend asked me about this and we had a discussion about what we call the "hero fantasy". We both want so badly to be a hero. I want to be the person who spots the creepy old many driving the 1982 orange Chevette with Alabama plates carrying the little girl who went missing after she posted on her MySpace page that she was 22 and horny. And it wouldn't be enough to call the police and tell them which way the car was heading. No, I'd want to follow him and stay on the phone with the police to tell them every move he makes. And if they take too long getting to him, I want to make him stop the car without hurting anyone.




I want to find the body of a missing man and learn that he was likely murdered by his jealous lover. Note I don't want to actually see the body – maybe just his foot sticking out from underneath a pile of leaves. I want to find the jacket that leads to the happy recovery of the kid that ran away from home. I want to rescue animals (or people) from a burning building. I want to find a murder weapon that the police have been looking for. I want to find a clue as to where a missing person is. I WANT THAT!



Apparently, I want to be a super hero. But I'm not wearing tights. Those aren't for me. I'm not totally against the idea of a cape though. I could be into that. I'd just need a cool name. "Psycho Princess" is not a good super hero name. And if anyone wants to design me a costume that doesn't use spandex (makes me itch) or tights, I'd LOVE to see it. You can have naming rights and everything. Make me your whore. I mean your super hero. I'm already someone's whore.

No comments: