Sunday, March 04, 2007

Special thanks

I was searching for a way to thank some very special people for doing something that has touched my heart and I read my friend Lori's blog. I'm going to steal her hard work in collecting quotes, because it was so perfectly timed that it must have been meant for me to use.

So now, my very public thank you to people who sponsored me for the MS Walk. In just 4 days, I've raised almost $1,000, half of which came from people I have never met face to face - people on MySpace. I also got 2 people to come out and walk with me becuase of asking you to help. I am speechless and truly touched and at times have been moved to tears. SO, without further adieu, thank you to some very special people (in no particular order):


Cranky Ricky Sara

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb


It's Jim! Nora



Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls. ~David Thomas


Barb Mallon Eric


Not what we give,
But what we share,
For the gift
without the giver
Is bare.
~James Russell Lowell


Secret Diary Tina
of a Woman



I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks. ~William Shakespeare


Corey Lynne Kat


The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard


Shannon Socrates, Part Deux


I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton


Juddy OK, Now What


Gratitude is the memory of the heart. ~Jean Baptiste Massieu


MistressDestiny CleanRaceGirl


How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a weary world.
~William Shakespeare


MistyJo RequiemofDreams

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ~Mark Twain


Wolfspirit Mark


How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston


Falco M



We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder


Dianna Brad Martha



Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim. ~William Feather

And my MySpace walking team thus far:

Jerry Katie Kristin


="">I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom. ~Author Unknown

See what they've helped me do. It's not too late if you'd like to contribute.

No comments: