Saturday, March 17, 2007

MySpace Irritations

Well, the food party is over, I sent a group of happily full people away and now, I'm waiting for my dinner to be delivered to me, hopefully on a silver platter! OK, well since it's from Subway, I'll settle for a paper wrapper. Nothing funny to report about the food party - I was working it, so I didn't get to chit chat and play as much as I would have liked. Key Westie and Kristin (formerly Nancy Drew) were MySpacers in attendance and I didn't even get to chat with them but for a minute or two.

I'm a little concerned about my health as I'm getting more and more body aches from doing anything more than the normal. I'm hoping it's not a sign of things to come.

I'm hoping to not hear any more of this "MySpace Drama" crap. Its tiring. My PSA to all of you: If someone is harassing you, block them. Giving them attention by sending their profile to all of your friends to send to all of their friends is only encouraging the behavior. Either that, or it's a scam to see how many people the originator can get to follow their lead. Don't be a sheep.

MySpace writing contests - I generally don't vote in them, so please don't ask me to. And if you don't see my name on the comments voting for you, don't send me an email asking me why I didn't vote. Really. Don't do it. I go to them and read the entries because I'm always looking for something new to read that either makes me laugh or think. HOWEVER - it's not a writing contest, it's a popularity contest. I appreciate the efforts that each entrant puts into their writing. I appreciate their willingness to share it with the masses. I'm sure many people get lots of new people reading and subscribing to their blog, and if thats what you're interested in, I hope it works out that way for you. But it brings back shades of voting for homecoming court and class president where it was never about deserving, but about who had the most friends. So, I'll always wish you luck. I'll read the entries if I have time. But you can't make me vote. So there.

If you want me to read your blog, please don't send me a request to subscribe. Send me a personal email that says "hey, if you're interested..." I'll read it. If it's something that I'd be interested in reading, I'll subscribe. If not, I generally do check back periodically to see what you've posted. HOWEVER just because you blog doesn't mean I have to read it, even if you're on my friend's list. Some of my favorite bloggers I didn't subscribe to for a long time. Eventually, I did because I liked something they said, so don't be offended and don't be pushy. That just makes me want to not read your blog.

I, Super Psycho Princess, very RARELY leave comments in your comments section - it doesn't mean I don't like you. I want to get to know you, and prefer to do that through interaction that I can keep up with. I respond to emails, blog comments and the like. Let's put it this way - I'm a mom of a 3 year old who likes to blog and play in my blog. Then, I like to read whoever I subscribe to and comment and play in their blogs. I don't have infinite time, so don't take it too hard. It's nothing personal. When I first started on MySpace, I left the 7 or 8 friends I had picture comments all of the time. I also wasn't blogging. AND I only had 7 or 8 friends. Enough said.

I am curious about the people who subscribe to my blog but never say a word. I wonder if you really read it, if you enjoy any of it or take anything away from it. I subscribe to several blogs I don't comment on, so I understand it. I can't say I'm overly bothered by your lack of participation, just more curious as to who you are, what you like and what you don't like. That's all I've got to say about that.

I'm bothered that the blog views counter does not register unique hits. I could sit and hit refresh all day and make my views go way up. Can't they use something that registers unique IP addresses? Then I would know if it's 20 people commenting back and forth all day or if it's a gazillion people reading what I'm putting out there. If they'd just leave kudos, even without a comment, I'd know then. And yes, I have a gazillion page views a day. HA!

Mostly, I enjoy MySpace and the "friends" I have made here. I even have plans in the works to meet many of you. I just wish we all lived closer so I could have a big ole BBQ and drink beer & margaritas with everyone because that will just kick ass!

For now, all I can say is you should all make your way to Wisconsin for the week of the 4th of July. I'll be in town and I want to hit Summerfest - beer, bands & friends - what more can you ask for? And maybe in '08 I'll plan a back yard BBQ and you can all come. Well, not ALL of you, just most of you. There's a couple of shady characters in the mix. And we can hire Cranky Ricky to do our entertainment. Of course, you'd all have to pitch in whatever the going rate was to pay him.

In closing, let me say this: its much EASIER to to be a sheep, but much more FULFILLING to follow your own path, make your own rules and live the life you want to live, not accepting anything less than what you want from the people in your life. Because you deserve it. Don't be a sheep. BAAAAAA!

No comments: