Tuesday, September 12, 2006

From the psycho ward of my brain

Just some personal thoughts/observations/musings/rants/etc. Try to keep up, will ya?

How do you know when you have a nervous breakdown? Why do they call it a nervous breakdown? It really isn’t because you’re nervous and it’s not really affecting your nervous system.

Can you plan an intervention for yourself? If so, do you send invites? If it’s not acceptable to plan your own intervention, can you ask a friend to do it for you? Do you get any say on the guest list?

Why is it that when people are acting like twits and you say something to them about it, they assume that everything you say from that point on is about them?

Why, when people are cold and they get goose bumps, are they called goose bumps? I don’t think that is a term that should be used any longer. Very few people have actually seen a goose with said bumps. However, the majority of us have seen a plucked whole chicken. Why don’t we just call it plucked chicken skin from now on?

Do people who try and convert everyone they see to their religion every really get anyone? I don’t know any people who have ever jumped ship from what they believed in due to a door-knocking, slick religion talking person at the door.

Does anyone remember the song “Buffalo Stance” by Neneh Cherry?

“Smokin.' Not cokin.' Get funky sax.
Looking good, hanging with the wild bunch.
Looking good in a Buffalo Stance.
Looking good when it comes to the crunch
Looking good's a state of mind
State of mind don't look behind you
State of mind or you'll be dead
State of mind may I remind you
Bomb the Bass...rock this place!
What is he like? What's he like anyway?
Yo' man what do you expect the guy's a gigolo man!
You know I mean?”

That was back when I could stand dance music. I miss that kind of music. Just like rap then and now. I love me some old skool rap – can’t stand the stuff out today.

Does anyone over the age of 30 REALLY remember anything they learned in high school math classes? How about you tell me something about the first book you ever read for an English class in high school. Or tell me what you remember, without the help of the internet or your buddies, about the Bolshevik Revolution.

Has anyone out there gotten their first grey hair yet? How old were you when it happened? Did you pull it out, or leave it in or dye it?

Am I having a nervous break down? How will I know? Will you have an intervention for me?

No comments: