Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Social Commentary?

I would like, for once, to write a very moving, socially relevant blog, instead of the mindless drivel I generally produceI'd like to make it about a touching subject that people read and say "Yeah, she knows what she's talking about!" Or perhaps you'd disagree with my views and say "That bitch is crazy!" Either way, I'd be ok with it. However, that's just not my style, I prefer being silly and naughty, talking about vibrators, my labia (which is simply STUNNING, by the way!), something goofy I did or said or thought. That's just me, what I prefer, my M.O.

SO, what do I have for you crazy kids today? Just some things I've run across in the past month or so.

-In a comment somewhere on My Space: "ROTFLMAOWPIMP" Wow, that's a lot of letters! Now, I know what it's supposed to mean, however when I look at it, I think the writer is rolling on the floor laughing her ass off with a pimp. It's a much better visual than a grown woman laughing on the floor, peeing all over herself . Well, I guess that would depend on the woman in question. How about this one?

-In yet another comment on MySpace: "TNTPIMPL." It has been explained to me that this is "trying not to pee in my pants laughing". However, I view it and am convinced that what this writer needs is to have the pimple on his taint popped, or at the very least looked at by a doctor.

I recently ran across this little nugget while perusing the news: "Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop Monday morning." SURPRISE!! Leave the guy alone – perhaps we should look into some of our more prominent politicians instead of picking on an old hippie.

Then there was the article about alcohol use being linked to higher incomes, fish being used to detect terrorist attacks, and some brain surgery journal announced that rocket scientists have been "proven" to not be the gold standard smart worker bees previously thought.

What does all this have to do with anything? It's the news people. It's the socially relevant content of our time, well maybe not the pimp rolling or the taint pimple, but you have to admit, those are some things worth mentioning.

Or perhaps the pimps and the taints ARE what are socially relevant and these other news bits mean nothing in the whole realm of things. Think about it – which would you rather read about?

I often wonder to myself "Self, how the hell did you wind up here?" And then I remember the whole I'm in love, I left my family and moved here and never looked back. I don't regret it, well except that I can't get good cheese or Sunday ham & hard rolls, or have dinner with my mom whenever I want to. The rest I happily exchanged for warmer winters, new friends and a whole new brand of fun that doesn't center on moonlight bowling and cow tipping. Blah blah blah.

CHDG has been WAY too quiet lately. Something big is getting ready to go down. I feel it. Sort of like this is the calm before the storm.

And I leave you with this: "Muslims in Turkey, Iraq and the Palestinian territories demanded Tuesday that Pope Benedict XVI make a clear apology for his remarks on Islam, instead of saying only that he was "deeply sorry" that Muslims had taken offense."

To this I say: Whatever. Get over it. Comedians say worse things about all regligious groups and no one is threatening to blow up anyone over it. What do they want him to do? Cry and convert? Beg, on his knees for forgiveness? Let's be realistic. The Pope represents ONE religion, not all of them and certainly not the majority of the world. Why do you care so much what he thinks? Yeah, it sucks that the whole thing is so freaking hypocritical, but hey, that's what the Pope does. (Don't get me started on the Pope and women in the church!)

On the flip side, why did the Pope have to clarify that he was sorry that Muslim's took offense at what he said? Why couldn't he say "I'm deeply sorry for what I said" and leave it at that? But noooo...he has to clarify and by doing so says "I'm not sorry for what I said, I'm just sorry you got pissed about it." This is one of the many reasons why I find organized religion so evil. Here are some more (hey, if you don't want to read a blog about what I think of organized religion, don't click that link, ok?)

Social relevance at it's finest.

ROTFLMAOWPIMP, TNTPIMPL

No comments: