Friday, February 16, 2007

Lucky DAY!

This morning, as I stopped at the gas station for a cup of Southern Roasters and some cash to pay the babysitter, Josh was in his usual form - pushing buttons on the lottery machine. Today, however, was different. He started pushing the buttons and out popped lottery tickets! $15 worth to be exact. The clerk said someone left must have left credit on the machine, so I should keep them and scratch them. So I did. I won only $3, but I didn't have to spend any money to get that, so it's like a free $3. It's going to be a good day.

When I get to work, the painting contractors are here, waiting to get into the work area. They've been here for 2 hours, just sitting, waiting for their crew chief. They speak Spanish. Every time a woman walks by, they start whispering, in Spanish. They think no one knows what they are saying. HA! I listened intently when I walked by. I heard the word "bonita", stopped, looked at them and said "gracias!" and continued on. They haven't whispered when I've walked past since. I want to know how to say "little dick" in spanish so I can mumble it when I walk past. Anyone know?

No comments: