Friday, February 02, 2007

Soul Searching - Sort of

I locked both sets of keys in the van this morning – while it was running. Had to call a locksmith to come to my rescue. $45 for Locksmith Jim to work his magic and FINALLY made it to work, albeit 2 hours late. I could have bought a cheap new vibrator with that money. Ah well, what are you gonna do? Come to work and blog, that's what!

My offering for you today – some not-so-creative writing.


Soul Searching

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out just what I'm supposed to be doing with my life, and if the choices I've made are the right ones. I think that they are, but it never hurts to examine other avenues, just to be certain there isn't something that would enhance the quality of my current life.

I started my search one crisp, February morning, choosing to look down Avenue A first. I was in need of coffee. I found this quaint little café and thought it was the perfect place for me. After all, I'm married to Jerry, and he's white. I figured if I was going to explore alternate avenues, I should start off with that which I am most familiar with.


After a delicious cup of coffee and something off of the buffet that I *think* was some type of pastry :

I decided to head out and see what type of people inhabit the area. As with any place, they had their fair share (notice how those three words all rhyme, yet are spelled completely different? That's the English language for ya!) of drug addicts,


freaks,



and some over all very happy people. Apparently, people with freckles are a ton of fun!


They all really understood the importance of dressing appropriately for special occasions.

If there's one thing I learned rather quickly on this seach, it's that I could certainly use some fashion tips from people who are in the know! I guess that means no pearl necklace on June 6th.

I did run into a very helpful group of people, who wanted to do everything they could to ensure I enjoyed my visit in their area.

.

It's always nice to find people willing to help you out when you need it.

I was getting thirsty, and this place looked like a promising place to get something to drink.


Being that I think breasts are beautiful, I thought I'd duck my head in and see what I could get my hands on.

I must have a sixth sense about these things, as their menu was indeed tempting! Something I had never tried before would definitely be on tap. After all, this quest was about experiencing new and different things to see if I'm missing anything.


However, I was greeted with some bad news when I tried to get what it was I came for.

I should have known better than to assume that my search would be completed in one day. I wonder where to venture next?



No comments: