Friday, October 06, 2006

I am the greatest in the World (of Warcraft)

So, last night my husband has me watch an episode of South Park with him (after I made him have sex with me) which was (the SP ep) all about his favorite past time with my step-son, World of War Craft. I didn't really get it. I didn't think it was very funny. I don't play World of War Craft, nor would I care to. Anyhow, near the end, Cartman says something about someone being "poned" (actually pwned, a mis-type of "owned") and I had to ask what that meant.

So, Jerry explains it to me. I'm so far out of touch with what things mean these days.

What happened 10 minutes later was certainly NOT a typing mistake. As usual, I was trying to grasp the proper use of popular terms and phrases, and said to my husband (are you ready for this?) "You've been pooned!" He just stared at me and said "Yeah, I was!" I'm such a dumbass.

In relaying this story to the Republican at work, he has given me a great idea. That's going to be my new catch phrase. Where a guy would say "Yeah, I boned that bitch" I'm going to say, "Yeah, I pooned that punk!" I wonder if it will catch on. Hey, at least I don't run around town professing to be a magnet for cox. I leave that one to the truly tasteless among us.

Check out who I saw hanging out at the CHDG cart:

OK, so that's a poorly photoshopped image, but, I really did see someone who looked very much like Bin Laden, only wearing dark sunglasses and they were outside of the cart chatting, not inside of it serving hot dogs laced with god only knows what. When I saw them, I just stopped. I couldn't bring myself to get my camera or my phone out and take the picture. I just kept write on walking, not acknowledging their existence. They seemed to have stopped talking when I walked past. I didn't look at them, it was kind of creepy!

In another missed photo opportunity the church by my house had an interesting sign up in front of them for the past week. You know, those inspirational sayings. Well, for a whole week I drove past thinking it said something about "standing on God's wood." I think it really said "standing on God's WORD", but from a distance, one could be fooled. However, they must've known I was coming with my camera and changed it to something about believing something or other.

My only weekend plans involve beginning the Halloween decorating at my house. This year, we're going with a boarded up house theme, so the plywood needs to be cut, nailed to a frame, splattered with "blood", etc. You get the picture.

And with that, I'm taking my sad, little pathetic self who is convinced everyone is out to get her and I'm going to get ready for lunch. Happy Friday everybody.

No comments: