Friday, January 12, 2007

All kinds of crap rolled into one giant (b)log (1/10)

So, I've got some general updating to do and then I have 2 questions to ask you because a couple of my friends asked that I do so, AND I've been tagged to do something totally gay, so I will do it just because I can.

First and foremost: My day was certainly fucked up yesterday, though not because of anything I did. I have my friend at work log on to the appointment system here and see what time my neurologist appointment is. She looks and says "it's been bumped." Bumped? This means that they took my time slot and gave it to someone else, and I would need to reschedule. They should have called me to tell me this when it happened. I never got a call. Good thing I don't work in a different part of the city. Otherwise, I would have wasted time off of work, had to drive here, fight the parking people, pay $5 for parking all for nothing. When I call them to reschedule, they tell me the next available is at the end of April.

With a resounding "Fuck you", I hang up and call the pharmacy I get my MS drugs from. You might recall, I haven't been taking them for a few months. What do they tell me? "Your doctor still hasn't faxed the refill request." Ummm..OK, that's been sent to them 3 fucking times. So, no MS drugs still, no doctor's appointment and I'm SOL. I'm thinking of calling the MS Specialty Clinic in Charlottesville and making an appointment there. Sure, it's 90 minutes away, but it's only twice a year and I bet they call in your refills for you so that you don't miss your meds.

Next, I'll do the tag. 5 weird things about me. I think I've done this one several times so will think about new things that I may not have mentioned in the past. I'm not tagging anyone though, so if you feel like doing it, consider yourself "it".

1. I cannot remember the address/phone number/etc. of anywhere I've lived in the past 10 years (except my current one) but I can remember both the address and phone number of the house I lived in from the time I was 1 until I was 5. Is that odd?

2. I can name all 50 states, in alphabetical order, in under 20 seconds.

3. Ever since I started using a new brand of toothpaste, the first cup of coffee I drink hurts my front teeth. Everyone after that is fine. It's just that first one.

4. I once refused to buy a certain clock because it looked like something my Dad would have in his house.

5. When I was 13, I learned how to belly dance & roll a joint, both while spending the summer with my Dad.

That's that. On to the ever important sexual questions! These two guys are doing research of sorts and specifically asked me to ask the folks who read this to answer a question or two. Apparently, they think you'll all answer their questions honestly. You should be proud that you've all portrayed yourselves in a manner that makes people think you know a little something about sex. I know I'm proud of you.

Cranky Ricky wants to know:

"WHY is it necessary to keep count of the number of orgasms that a woman has or that a man has? If you come 10 times and I come twice, why is that a bad thing? Even if you come (and by YOU here, I mean women) come 50 times and I come once, who cares? Is intimacy about the orgasm or about the pleasure of being together?"

Duane's conundrum

Duane went on a date with a woman. She told him that she was no "sex-pot" and that her last boyfriend waited 3 years to have sex with her and that she has to be sure that someone really likes and is not just after the booty. Mind you, this was all volunteered as they were going from dinner to a movie. He asks "Is there anything to read into this? Is this some kind of tactic I'm not aware of?"

Duane says: "Sex isn't the only thing in a relationship... but it is one of the biggest things. Am I this far out of touch with reality? What made this person think that sex is such a "dirty" thing? Is there a cure?

No comments: