Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just some dialogue

"Excuse me, have I seen you here before?"

 "No.  I'm new here.  Still trying to learn the ins and outs.  Got any helpful hints?"

 "First and foremost, if you're coming in, you'll need to wear a coat."

 "Why, is it cold in there?"

 "Not at all.  It's really for your own protection, as well as mine.  Liability issues, you know?  The walls and floor get wet. I used to not require coats, but one too many jerks threw up all over the place, even though they promised they would leave before they got to that point.  It seems like I had to clean it every day for weeks after each one.  Oh - make sure everything is secure too, I wouldn't want you to accidentally leave anything inside.  After all, you might not make it back here again and I don't need a reminder of you."

 "OK, so I've got a coat, what else do I need to know?"

 "Don't use the back door.  If you do, you're not getting in anywhere else.  It's not that kind of place.  It's for evacuation purposes only. I cannot stress that enough."

 "Am I the only one here?"

 "At the moment.  Capacity is 1 – no plans to expand either.  That's not to say a preferred member won't come by later, in which case, you'll need to leave immediately.  You know these VIP types don't like anyone parking in their space." 

 "Anything else before I gain entry?"

 "Don't get too relaxed.  I don't like lazy guys hanging out here.  And don't slouch – straight and tall or not at all!  I want you to enjoy yourself while you're here.  But, I need to enjoy myself too, or I won't have you over again."

 "OK, I'm coming in.  Wow!  It's cozy in here."

 "Well, don't get comfortable.  You can't just stay in one spot, it doesn't work that way.  Move around a bit.  Find your favorite spot.  Look around, touch whatever you like – nothing is really breakable.  Oh!  I see you don't need any more help.  You seem to be fitting in just fine." 

 "The walls are moving – this is cool."

 "Haven't you ever been in a place like this before?"

 "No, this is my first time.  It's more slippery in here than it was when I first got in here. Is that bad?"

"Don't be afraid, the room responds to your presence. You'll know if it doesn't like you here." 

"It's getting cramped in here. I'm claustrophobic!   I think I'm going – to – be – sick!"

"That's not from claustrophobia – it's from excitement!  Just keep the mess in your coat – you can clean yourself up after you leave." 

 *BLECH!*

 "Are you still here?  Shouldn't you get cleaned up?"

 "Yeah.  Can I come back again sometime? I promise not to get sick again."

 "Ha ha ha!  They ALL get sick, I'm used to it – that's why I require the coat.  But yes, you can come back again sometime.  You fit in nicely.  Maybe next time, you'll move to a different drum beat, learn a few new dance moves.  Practice makes perfect."

No comments: