Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Jerry, Salma Hayek & Me

I started my quest to become smoke-free today. I had what should be my last smoke at about 10:00 PM on Monday, January 15, 2007. I headed into bed, taking time to brush my teeth an extra few minutes, just to remove all taste of cigarette. Got up this morning a little after 5:00 AM, dicked around for a few minutes, then remembered I needed to put on the patch. Slapped that puppy on and haven't thought about smoking since. You'll all have to excuse the little notations I'll be making at the end of my blogs for the next few weeks – I want a record of what's going through my head as I improve my health. Hooray for me! So far, Nicoderm CQ is my friend. The bitch itched a bit for the first hour it was on, but now I don't even know it's there. I've not been crabby (YET) and am still in a positive frame of mind. This cements it in my head that this time, I'm going to make it. On to other topics!

Jerry and I were talking the other night about threesomes. Not that we're considering having one – that is NOT in the works – unless Salma Hayek showed up naked on my deck. I'd have to do her. And if Jerry was at work, I'd call him and tell him to get home, but would not be able to promise that I could wait for him.

I've said before if I was ever going to do it, it would have to be me and Jerry and another woman. And she couldn't touch him. He couldn't touch her. It would have to be all about me.

Being that I am a straight woman and haven't done anything more than kiss another woman, I was trying to decide what (more correctly WHO) I would do if I were ever going to venture into the whole threesome arena. My choices as I saw them:

  1. A willing friend
  2. A casual acquaintance
  3. A stranger who is also nervous about the first time down this road
  4. A stranger experienced in the ways of loving a woman

There were pros and cons to each one. The main areas I thought about were:

Comfort with the person – obviously, we're generally most comfortable around our friends. I find it easier to enjoy things with someone I know well.

Cleanliness & disease. The edge went to the friends here as well. They are most likely to up front and honest with you about STDs. After all, you know where they live, work and play.

Comfort after the fact: The stranger wins here. If it's a terrible experience, you never have to see them again. If it's a great experience, you still don't have to see them again. If you did this with your friend and it sucked or either of you were uncomfortable at all, it could ruin your friendship. Not a chance I'd be willing to take.

I'm sure there are many other things I should be considering, but I just don't know what those would be. When it comes right down to it, I'd have to go for someone who technically is a stranger that I wouldn't have to see again. But I'd have to know something of them. So to all my female MySpace friends: If I ever decide to do something like this, be forewarned, I'm probably thinking about having sex with you!

Let's say you are going to have a threesome (don't say you wouldn't do it, just assume that you would), who would make up that threesome? A spouse? A friend? A stranger? Salma Hayek? What would the sexes of the people involved be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a straight woman who's had the same thoughts (who would I do if I decided to do a female) I'd say eliminate 1, 2 and 3 from your list (at the bottom.) The way I see it is this:

1. A friend - no good ... what if she sucks (no pun)? what if you suck? You still have to be friends, and that could get dicey. It could also be the end of the friendship.

2. An Acquaintace - well, kind of like #1 but worse .. if you suck, she may go around telling people (because there isn't the deep friendship there to warrent her to keep her mouth shut - see, what I'm sayin' here.)

3. Someone new to the female-on-female interaction - why bother? then you know it really will suck.

You need to stick to someone who (a) is a stranger .. in case you decide you're not into it, then you never have to see the person again and (b) if you don't know what you're doing, shouldn't at least one of you know?

Those are just my thoughts .. but of course if Brad and Angie called ... all bets are off and I would be there before they had a chance to finish the sentence. LOVE. THEM. LONG TIME.

Kim said...

All great points. I think I would definitely want someone who knew what they were doing, and indeed a stranger at that. I adore my friends too much to do anything that may jeopardize our relationship.